March 31, 2011

My name is Dan.

I'm a blogger!  I blog!


Having fun already.  This post is to let the world (my parents and in-laws) know that up until a few days ago I had never - never - lost a game of Scrabble.  Becca and I played three times.  She beat me.  Three times.  Twice - twice - she put down all 7 tiles on her first move of the game.  Without going into the intricacies of the game, that's essentially like rolling a Yahtzee on your first roll, two games in a row -- the major difference being that a Yahtzee is pure luck and a 7-tile word is all skill.  The girl is smart!  Not to mention beautiful and talented and hilarious and everything I could have ever wanted in a wife and best friend.

But enough with the gooey/cliche blog love.  

Um...so this is supposed to be like a journal right?  Well, Becca is asleep next to me right now.  It's 12:50 AM.  I'm basically just staying up to hear her say funny things in her sleep.  She says ridiculously funny things when she's awake so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that her sleep ramblings are hilarious.

Another thing about Becca is that she sewed (dumbest spelling in the English language) a dress today.  She didn't make a dress from scratch but she fixed one she already had...or something like that.  All I know is that it looked really impressive and difficult.  I was all, "Dang, I didn't know you could sew," and she was all, "Yeah, I can sew."  Huh!  The girl is full of surprises!  One day she's gonna come home with a gold medal and I'm gonna be all, "Dang, I didn't know you could curl," and she's gonna be all, "Yeah, I can curl," and then I'm gonna be all, "Figures."  Then maybe we'll get Wendy's or something.

It's too late to be writing this.  Also, I can tell this has too few pictures and baby quotes for a blog...so here's a funny baby:


Dan

3 comments:

  1. Still laughing. "I'm a blogger, I blog." Still laughing. Funny post. Mom and I love you guys. Hawaii rocks. Wish you were here.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha. And then we'll get Wendy's or something.
    Thank goodness you put a baby on here, I almost got bored.

    Ha.
    Thanks for giving me something funny to read at 4 in the morning.

    Oh and Will says hey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel kind of silly because I am sitting here, by myself, alone…laughing out loud at my computer. You’re pretty dang funny at 1 in the morning. Love the post!
    P.S. Sorry about the loss but if you had to lose guess it was best to lose to Rebecca

    ReplyDelete