March 21, 2011

Got Me Some Hot Shocola!

Mmm... Hazelnut Hot Chocolate. Yum.

It's another overcast day. But today is a good day, it's half over! And, I'm looking forward to my lunch. Ramen noodles with some Alfredo sauce I made the other day. Taste yet to be determined.

The Alfredo is good. And more than the fact that it is homemade, I am proud to say that I had all the ingredients on hand to whip it up. See, that's when I'll consider myself a master homemaker. When I've perfected grocery shopping enough to "have things on hand". With a 6'4 fast-metabolism husband and a wife that, well, has a metabolism... that will be complete homemaking mastery. In my mind, at least...

Mmm! This hot chocolate is sweet! No worries. I'm going swimming tonight and fully expect to work off every last gram of sugar. (Shh... my delusions make me feel better, k?). Actually, I'm just attempting to get back into a shape where I won't drown. I'm helping teach a good friend of mine, which is tremendously motivating. Especially since she's so excited about learning.

Really, though, I love swimming. You dive in, like a mermaid, and just glide through the water. I think it's the closest feeling to flying we can get. Especially those first few dolphin kicks, before you start taking your strokes. Mmm...

The best perk of swimming... The smell of chlorine. I have vivid memories of my sister, her freshman year, standing in the kitchen after practice. My mom and I would get our noses all up in her space, sniffing deeply enough to kill more than a few brain cells, I'm sure. I slow down every time I walk by the RB Pool at BYU and take in deep breaths of that chemical elixir.

Chlorine high? Maybe. Looking forward to tonight? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. Double ditto to Brook’s comment! Love that “chemical elixir” too, what a perfect description.

    ReplyDelete